Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I Get By With a Little Help From My Friends


I would like to give a huge thank-you to all of my fellow BC major class-mates. You guys have all helped me out so much and I think everyone in my class definitely has their own strengths which together builds an amazing team of young professionals! One person who sticks out the most to me as someone I would like to stay in contact with in the future is Christina Roseto. Christina is not only an amazing friend, but pretty much amazing at anything she puts her mind too. This includes academics, and most importantly, broadcast communications. I have journeyed through my years in the department with Christina by my side. We have taken several classes together, but it wasn't until Senior Capstone that I really grew to appreciate Christina's talents. Since last semester, we both have experienced the highs and lows of the capstone experience. Christina has helped me in several occasions get my act together and deliver what I need to by giving me tips and suggestions. Her project for capstone is filming the Westminster Titans and putting together clips of practice, games, etc. to compile a recruitment video that can be shown to high school football players. I think this is a great project and I have been supporting her the entire time with hopefully some good suggestions to help her as well. In 10 years I see Christina doing something great in sports broadcasting. Her internship this summer at KDKA working in the sports department seemed to benefit her tremendously. I know that in the future she will be even more professional and produce even higher quality work than she already does now because she has amazing potential to grow in this profession. I can see Christina wanting to stay around the Pittsburgh metropolitan area for her job but she could definitely land a job in any larger market that she wanted! Christina has a love for not only Pittsburgh but the work that she does in broadcasting and I know this will carry her far!

No comments: