Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Applications Begin!

For capstone this week, our professor asked us to respond to a job listing we found in a field we want to work in. For over the past year I have been working on promotions for my senior project, for this reason I have chosen a promotions job. THIS IS A CLASS ASSIGNMENT -- NOT A REAL COVER LETTER/APPLICATION

JOB DESCRIPTION:
Promotion Manager, Radio Disney

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

City Greensboro
State NC
Position Type Full-time
Requisition ID 178721

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Radio Disney in Greensboro, NC seeks a motivated Promotions Manager in the Greensboro market. Radio Disney is owned and operated by the Walt Disney Company.

Responsibilities: Supervise and manage promotion department including event staffing; personality hiring, training, and scheduling. Coordinate all station promotions and event activities to include equipment, prizing, games and activities. Oversee local production of station promo’s and occasional commercials. Explore, identify and present revenue opportunities for the station. Maintain high quality operational equipment such as vehicles, audio equipment etc… May include nights and weekends

Requirements
Education: High school diploma, some college preferred

Work Experience: Radio promotions experience preferred, prior performance based work related experience a plus.

Technical Skills: Basic radio production, sound system usage, PowerPoint, and other PC skills

Non-technical Skills: Highly detail oriented, highly energetic, lift up to 50 pounds, enjoy public contact, and enjoy working with children

Cover Letter:
Hello Disney,
I would like to take the time to introduce myself. I am Nathan Dodd, a senior Broadcast Communications major and Public Relations minor at Westminster College in Pennsylvania. I am responding to the Promotions Manager position for Radio Disney. I think I would be an excellent canidate for this job because I am a very enthusiatic and hard working person. In addition to my good work ethic, I have had a vast amount of experience in radio and promotions with my time spent here in college. At Westminster, we are given the chance to work hands on in the radio and TV stations from freshman year. Ever since I started my collegic career I have been hard at work learning as much as I can about the broacasting and promotions field. I am even currently working on a promotions campaign for our college radio station producing radio promos and advertising the station. My love for broadcasting and promotions will shine through as I work for your company managing your station. I'm a people person and love to work with the public and think that the interaction with the public will further my enthusiasm with ths career. I am also a huge fan of Disney and think that my enthusiasm and work ethic will match your station's mission perfectly. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments: