Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Chelsea... Lately!


This week I would like to take some time to dedicate a thank-you to someone outside of the Westminster College network, someone I have never actually met but that I greatly admire. This person is Chelsea Handler, a hilarious comedian that is taking the entertainment-news world by storm. If you have never heard of her, I highly recommend watching some of her stand-up comedy or you can catch her nightly on the E! Network with the show “Chelsea Lately.”
As one of the nation’s fastest-rising female stand ups stars, Chelsea has performed to sold out audiences around the world including the Montreal Comedy Festival and the HBO Comedy Arts Festival in Aspen. After her successful stand up tours, the E! Entertainment Network invited Chelsea to tape a pilot of her first nightly talk show, “Chelsea Lately.” The show was a hit and the E! Channel has just signed her for another season. http://www.comedycentral.com/comedians/browse/h/chelsea_handler.jhtml
The reason why I admire Chelsea Handler so much is because of her hard work and motivation but also because she loves what she does and can fun with it. I can’t imagine a more perfect dream job then talking about entertainment news and gossip to the entire world on your own television show. She started out as a comedian, but has worked her witty sarcasm into the field of media and entertainment with her nightly talk show. I make sure to tune in every night (or at least catch reruns) to get all the latest updates on celebrity news. It’s also very inspirational to see how she has handled her own in a typically male-dominated market. The late night talk show world is known for hosts like Jay Leno, Jimmy Kimmel and David Letterman but Chelsea has definitely proven she’s funny enough and tough enough to hang around.
Chelsea knows how to make her audience laugh and have a good time but she is also very good at what she does. I think that’s a very valuable lesson to take into any field of work you may go into! Her continuous joy of doing what she does helps me even more move towards my future in broadcasting and wherever life takes me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loooooove Chelsea Handler! What a great woman to look up to!