Saturday, April 12, 2008

Crunch Time!


With only 3 weeks of classes left in the semester, it’s definitely getting down to crunch time! It seems that just about everything is due at once, and there is not enough time to do it all. It’s amazing to look back at the beginning of the semester 3 months ago and looking at where I am now. 3 months ago I was creating this very blog as an assignment for my senior capstone class. Now it has become much more than just a blog to me, it’s become a way to express myself in a professional manner, while still including my own personal style. 3 months ago, I had no idea of what I wanted to do for an internship or where I would be ending up this summer, but now I have a great opportunity working at WKBN in Youngstown and living on my own in my apartment in town. I have a feeling that this summer will be a chance to show myself that I have what it takes to make it on my own. I will need to be dedicated to my internship and work my hardest, so that I know I can make it out there in the “real world.” To get to the summer however, I have a lot to do! I have my senior project pitch next week during capstone where I present my entire senior project idea to be approved by my capstone professor and the communications department chair. I think that by taking the skills I have learned thus far this semester about selling yourself professionally, I should be able to tackle the pitch and get approval by my professors. I also still have my producing week coming up for our school news program, The County Line. I have learned a great deal about producing by just observing my fellow classmates in the studio all semester. Of course, I will probably need some help and a little kick to get me started, but this should not be a problem either and I am excited about the opportunity to produce my very own show! With all of these objectives weighing down on me and the end up the semester creeping up, I must now get ready for crunch time, and prevail over the pressure, because I know that the professional “real world” will be just the same, if not more intense!

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

I'm always an advocate for discovering and cultivating one's own style...but always maintain standards and protocols as well.
Like the issue of GRAYSCALE when designing a PowerPoint presentation.